Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Beer Selection

keithh1976
Explorer C

When is southwest going to get some decent beer on the flights? Stella, Shiner, etc. So many good beers to choose from. Cheaper for you is not necessarily better for your customers  

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Beer Selection

bgubs14
Frequent Flyer C

Southwests beer selection has actually changed a bit throughout the years. It’s gotten more craft-beer oriented and I think it’s moving more towards that 

in 2015 they started serving Dos Equis and Leinenkugel but in 2010 they just had standard corona, miller lite, etc

you should make some suggestions to them head of cabin services ! 

donhoon
Explorer C

The current SWA beer selection was chosen by someone that doesn't drink real beer. SWA has had at least one good beer in their selections over the last two or three years, but the current selection is mostly IPAs, wheat and/or weak beers.  The Oktoberfest beer was a good beer, but it was only available for a month. Fat Tire was avilable in the last selection, a good choice. Heiniken previous to that was acceptable.

Having a quality craft beer, preferably an real Ale or amber lager would be a good choice.  I enjoy having a good beer on the flight home, it makes all the difference in the day. 

Show some LUV SWA.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Hi.

Since this is a customer to customer forum, you should probably send your suggestion to Southwest  customer service. To do so click of "contact us" at the bottom of this page, and then pick your method of contact from those listed on the top left of th ensuing page.

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

@donhoon

I think you made a good points, however, in recent years, there was several passenger who became intoxicated resulting consuming alcohol and causing some disruptive behaviors. 

I know few times when I hears the news breaks out telling us that the passenger was removed due to intoxication. I firmly have many reason to believe that they are changing it to a weaker beers to prevent from this happening again in the near future. On the other hands, the passengers may have consumed the beer at the airport  bar and becoming irrated when they are being denied a boarding a plane.

It is they safety concerns for passenger and the crews and they felt that changing the low quality of a beer to prevent it from happening again in the future.

I hope this helps. Smiley Wink

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@DfDrPepper_23 wrote:

@donhoon

It is they safety concerns for passenger and the crews and they felt that changing the low quality of a beer to prevent it from happening again in the future.

I hope this helps. Smiley Wink

This is absurd, and, of course, completely untrue.

The ale offered now is Lagunitas 12th of Never, which is a bit too hoppy for me but isn't awful. The lager is Dos Equis Special which is also good but not great. I too would prefer some regional craft beer selections. (But realize that, due to the nature of how Southwest planes hop about the country while being provisioned in each location, this is unlikely to happen.)