Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Beware using Southwest hotels and bookings

tamistroh99
Explorer C

I booked a supposed 2 bedroom apt for a trip this was back in February I should have known from the first time I contacted the property something was hanging but who would think you would have to worry using the southwest hotels app. The guy overcharged me. He used a Google phone number. No one has cared to help me at all in this matter. Southwest dumped it on booking.com booking.com.fit off on him. I was this was back in February that this reservation was made and canceled. He changed it from a two bedroom apartment to a bedroom in an apartment ad and everybody keeps telling me. Don't worry. Don't worry but you know this is now April something April 15th and I still have my $500 missing. I get the run around constantly. No one wants to give me a straight answer. I've used Southwest for over 10 years to fly with solely. They're the only airlines I've ever used and this was my payment. I'm so very disappointed in Southwest. I'm very disappointed in bookings.com and very disappointed that both companies would represent a fraud. Just be where when you make your bookings make sure the place is real. I wouldn't use booking.com if I was you. I think every person out there needs to know this. I'm elderly and on a fixed income and have $500 stolen from me and nobody care is traumatizing I hope that no one else out there has ever had to endure this or ever will have to. So done with Southwest and booking.com for sure

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Beware using Southwest hotels and bookings

floridaguy
Aviator C

First, how did you pay?

If it was on a credit card, file a dispute with the credit card carrier.  If you used a debit card, that was a mistake as you have very little to any dispute rights.

tamistroh99
Explorer C

Unfortunately it was a debit card. When we return back to our home I'm going to ask the bank to help us. I doubt they will because the length of time Southwest and bookings.com is responsible for the length of time. It has taken us to go to our bank because they kept making broken promises. We just wanted to see our first great guy and child before she was 6 months old which didn't happen but we have gotten to see her since and I know longer use them. Never will again and I will tell every person I know not to use them. This was very unfair and very stupid on my part. I should have checked it out better

floridaguy
Aviator C

Go to your bank's website and see what provisions that they have for fraud.  You can present your case to the bank as fraud and see what they can do.  Admittedly, with a credit card you have many more rights.

I ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS encourage people to use credit cards for purchases.  Debit cards are to withdraw cash from ATMs and should NEVER be used for purchases.  When you do use a debit card, 95% of your consumer dispute rights go out the window.

tamistroh99
Explorer C

Thank you will do for sure

psollwas
Explorer B

If your credit card was charged for the incorrect amount or for a different type of accommodation, you may want to contact your credit card company to dispute the charge. They can investigate and potentially issue a chargeback. Consider filing a complaint with consumer protection agencies or organizations like the Better Business Bureau if you feel your concerns are not being adequately addressed by Southwest or Booking.com. Share your experience by leaving reviews on websites like TripAdvisor, Google Reviews, https://renthero.ie/, or other travel-related platforms. This can help others avoid similar situations and put pressure on the companies to resolve the issue. As a last resort, you may need to consult with a legal professional to explore options for legal action if all else fails. This should be considered only if you have strong evidence that you were intentionally misled or defrauded.

tamistroh99
Explorer C

ItTook having a lawyer contact Southwest and booking . Com we did not receive 0yr money back as nd 5hat did not happenuntill august I want to say something to every company our there. IF YOU OFFER A SERVICE THROUGH YOUR WEBSITE with Your NameIE SOUTHWEST HOTELS AND YOU ARE TELLING A CUSTOMER LIKE ME OTS NOT YOUR PROBLEM ITS A SERVICE YOU OFFER. THAT IS WRONG SHADY BUSINESS YOU WILLFULLY DECIVE YOUR CUSTOMER YOU LOST ME AND MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS SHAME ON YOU 

abpecunes
Explorer C

I wish I had seen this "beware" before I booked a hotel through Southwest. WHAT A SCAM!!!!! I just posted about how horrible Southwest Hotel bookings are and never to use it—please advise whether or not they have found a solution or know who to file a complaint. Thank you.  

tamistroh99
Explorer C

Make sure all contact is in writing I file complaint with Southwest bookings. Com I also filled complaints against all three with every consumer group I came across bookings. Com finally goty money back to me after I sent 275pages of correspondence I could have gotten money back sooner if I had went with fraud through my bank but I trusted Southwest touch never 

jksobonya
Aviator A

This is an older post - but - there is lots of incorrect information here.

Southwest Hotels is not directly affiliated with Southwest - it is managed through a 3rd Party, Booking.com. So any questions/concerns/etc. need to be made through them.

Secondly, I actually use Southwest Hotels quite often - 2 different hotel stays over the last 2 weeks or so - and to date I have never had any problems. I use Southwest Hotels whenever I don't care about loyalty to a particular hotel brand and want to stay somewhere unique, and/or I get a lot of points for the stay. For my last 2 trips I got 3,000 points. So it's worth it from that angle if you want extra points, and they are Companion Pass qualifying-points.

--Jessica