Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Boeing 737 8 Max

dfwskier
Aviator A

@syber2th wrote:

I have a flight in the future.  Would like to know what I should do if my flight is affected by the grounded planes

Customarily, if your flight is cancelled, the airline will let you know that is has been cancelled.

I would presume that is happening now for MAX8 flights in the near term. Don't know what near term is - a week, 10 days, 2 weeks. I dunno. If that happens, the airline will try to put you on another flight with the same routing as the cancelled flight - at no additional cost. You'd also have the option of getting a refund.

I suspect this IS NOT happening for flights 4,5,6 months in the future. Why? Becasue I suspect the hope is the planes will be allowed to fly by then.

Flying_Slug
Adventurer A

@syber2th wrote:

I have a flight in the future.  Would like to know what I should do if my flight is affected by the grounded planes

You may wish to contact the airline directy (click on the Contact Us option at the bottom left of this screen), especially if your future flight is in the very near future.

I hope your flight is enoyable and on time!

F_S

SWDigits
Aviator A

@syber2th wrote:

To add to the comment from @dfwskier the travel advisory is for travel through March 31st. I have to imagine that Southwest is making a contingency plan to cover a long-term grounding scenario that they'll update as they learn more from the investigation.

Customer | Home airport DCA

dfwskier
Aviator A

@SWDigits wrote:

@syber2th wrote:

To add to the comment from @dfwskier the travel advisory is for travel through March 31st. I have to imagine that Southwest is making a contingency plan to cover a long-term grounding scenario that they'll update as they learn more from the investigation.

To add to that, every MAX flight will not result in a cancellation becasue Southwest has the ability to use other planes instead of MAXs -- at least for some flights.