Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Brand New Flight Attendant on my Flight Today

dfwskier
Aviator A

ORD/DAL  First flight as a SW FA. The crew did a great job of making her feel exceptionally welcome, and the passengers kicked in with applause.  She was all smiles and loving the experience.

I Gave her a kick tail coupon  as I was leaving the plane -- if those are still worth anything.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Brand New Flight Attendant on my Flight Today

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

ORD/DAL  First flight as a SW FA. The crew did a great job of making her feel exceptionally welcome, and the passenger kicked in with applause.  She was all smiles and loving the experience.

I Gave her a kick tail coupon  as I was leaving the plane -- if those are still worth anything.

Have you been saving the coupons or did you get some more? I'm way out of them although I've sent kicktail virtually through twitter several times. It seems to be serious, the agent asks for confirmation numbers to verify the flight took place. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

dfwskier
Aviator A

They are old kick tails. I don't hand them out very often. It takes something really special to get my attention.

bec102896
Aviator A

I still have several kick tail coupons as well but haven’t received any in at least 3-4 years. 

the old days when you qualified you got a member card, 4 drink coupons, and some kick tail coupons which I think are a great way to recognize great employees. They should bring them back. 

jksobonya
Aviator A

This is the first time I have heard of Kick Tail coupons! Seems like a nice incentive for employees, Southwest should bring them back!

--Jessica

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

I still have a few of them. I asked for more as well, but I never got a response.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@dfwskier I'm not sure if the kick tail coupons are any good either.  Like you, I've got quite a few and did recently give out one to a ticket counter agent.  She smiled and said, Thank you, we a big sincere smile, so maybe they are?  

aMomTo6
Adventurer B

I gave one out this last weekend too. Fantastic, personable FA, Mark, who was just too good to pass up with at least a hopeful effort that the Kick Tail token in my carry on bag still carried any value. I will likely still send in a message to SWA because he was just that good. It just felt funny handing over a Kick Tail ticket that seemed archaic and maybe not actually valuable.