Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Britax Boulevard/Marathon

Melamona
Explorer C

Does anyone have experience with a Britax Boulevard or Marathon car seat on a flight? Does it fit?

Yes, I know I could check it, but prefer not to.  It was pricey and it’s the only one we have, so I don’t want to risk damage. I’m not looking forward to lugging it through an airport, but I also don’t want to buy another seat just for the trip we’re taking if possible. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Britax Boulevard/Marathon

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@Melamona I'm just asking is this an infant seat (yes, it's been years since I've flown with an infant or purchased a car seat)   Is it for when you get to your destination, or on the plane?  I only ask because we encountered this on our last flight 2 weeks ago.  Our granddaughter is 6 and uses an age-appropriate car seat when in a vehicle.  So we thought we would take it on the plane as a carry-on and just so happen, to let her sit in it while flying.  We were amazed, (and now informed) that we could carry it on, but she couldn't sit in it on the flight.  We obviously don't travel much with children and now we know.  

Re: Britax Boulevard/Marathon

RobertBarringto
Explorer C

@Melamona wrote:

Does anyone have experience with a Britax Boulevard or Marathon car seat on a flight? Does it fit?
NomNom Dog Food

Yes, I know I could check it, but prefer not to.  It was pricey and it’s the only one we have, so I don’t want to risk damage. I’m not looking forward to lugging it through an airport, but I also don’t want to buy another seat just for the trip we’re taking if possible. 

Nope. If your child's booster is a high-back booster and the back comes off, you can pack the back in your main luggage for protection and carry on the base. Remember: boosters require lap/shoulder belts so they cannot be used on airplanes, so they get tucked under the seat in front or put in the overhead bin.