Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: COVID dog exposure to passengers, mask for dogs

Texbabygirl
Adventurer B

I don't care for them in closed containers. Nonetheless, they are permitted, the policy is clear and the potential of sitting near a permitted animal is some thing we agree to based on contract of carriage. As long as dog behaves as required, its not a problem for me.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

My comment is, the dog wins.  You will not get any different accommodation on other airlines than was offered by SW.  If I thought you would get different treatment, then I would say, you win.  You probably will have a satisfying feeling of getting back at SWA by changing flights and to each their own.  Just be ready to also shell out hundreds of more dollars a year for checking your bags.  Have a wonderful day, 

MrsParrish
Explorer C

According to the CDC it is very unlikely that you will get COVID19 from an animal. Same as with anything, if you think they are invading your personal space - move. I personally find it very rude that you would expect someone to put a mask on an animal for an entire flight.

Texbabygirl
Adventurer B

Yes, I have a few opinions. First, grow up. Second, fly first class. Finally, be thankful it wasn't some one's screaming brat whose parents smile and think we all have to put up with their screaming kid.

I would pay triple to fly kid-free.

jksobonya
Aviator A

@161069484 wrote:

I was seated at the window and the flight person place a large dog and owner in may row. No mask on the dog that was touching my person.

i asked if the dog could have its own row and I was told “the dog has priority over people and I would have to move. I quickly moved to a different row. I don’t expect the airline to do anything so I have been moving my weekly flights to other airlines as much as possible to prevent the repeat of the same treatment. Does anyone else have a opinion.

I have a hard time taking this post seriously. A mask for a dog, really? "The dog has priority over people" doesn't make a lot of sense either. I thought that dogs had to be in a pet carrier underneath the seat? (Policy: https://www.southwest.com/html/customer-service/traveling-with-animals/pets/index-pol.html) The only exception to this might be a service dog, and they would need to be in the front row where there is more room for the animal. 

--Jessica

gsking
Aviator C

Yes, I suspect we all have an opinion that is opposite to yours.  Will that affect YOUR opinion?  Probably not.  But since you came here to ask, maybe there's hope.