Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Can't access inflight entertainment on Southwest App with Android phone that has the latest upgrade

nomadwriter
Explorer C

On my last two flights, I was unable to access the inflight entertainment through the Southwest app even though others around me could. I have the latest upgrade for Android which is 7.0.   I have an LG brand Android phone.  What can I do to solve this problem? 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Can't access inflight entertainment on Southwest App with Android phone that has the latest upg

dfwskier
Aviator A

Good question. The last app update was on May 4 - version 8.5

I'm using an old LG G5 running android  7.0, and everything works just fine.

Re: Can't access inflight entertainment on Southwest App with Android phone that has the latest upg

rich1954
Adventurer A

I used to be able to watch the free movies with my Samsung tablet but the last year or so I can't. Every time I try, the movie tries to start and  then a pop up comes up and says something went wrong. SW claims the problem is with my tablet. My wife has no problem with her Apple Ipad. I have no problem with the free tv.

jpeliksza
Explorer C

I've been having the same issue, lately. I have an Android tablet and get a "something went wrong" error when I try to access free movies. I can, however access free live TV and on demand TV. I've tried using the SW app and using Chrome. I haven't been able to find anybody at SW who knows what the issue is. Really old iPhone works just fine, but I'd rather watch movies on the tablet. 🙂

dfwskier
Aviator A

You need to have a minimum version  7.0 of the Android OS. That was earlier this year, but the app updated the end of May, and may have changed

jlgillam
Explorer C

I have a Samsung 22S Ultra and a Samaung 6 Ultra Lite tablet, was recently on SW flight and was unable  to watch movie on SW entertainment. I did get on their wifi, but could not access their entertainment.