Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Captain

David-1S
Explorer C

I missed out on all the chaos SW experienced over the Christmas holiday, but when I did fly in the first of January to Dallas, the captain of the plane came out and personally apologized and thanked all those onboard for their loyalty. I was impressed with this act of humility.

Is anyone else getting tired of the snack mix offered on board?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Captain

dfwskier
Aviator A

Thanks for letting us know about the captain ...

and I still love the snack mix. Beats the heck outta pretzels, and yes, peanuts, too.

floridaguy
Aviator C

He/she was ordered to do it.  It is not an act of humility, it is an act driven by damage control.

Southwest is facing liability close to $100MM and it has taken a severe dent out of their financial statements.  They have to accrue a provision for this loss and that comes right out of earnings.  The fallout will be enough to make this airline unstable, in my view.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

He/she was ordered to do it.  It is not an act of humility, it is an act driven by damage control.

Proof or hot air? Which is it?

Oh, I have had three flights so far this year. No captain apologized on those flights. Are pilots knowingly ignoring orders? (edit add: actually 4 flights. One took off and then returned to the departure airport. Then  I was put on a different flight)

Southwest is facing liability close to $100MM and it has taken a severe dent out of their financial statements.  They have to accrue a provision for this loss and that comes right out of earnings.  The fallout will be enough to make this airline unstable, in my view.

I bet in your view punk elephants are also present. LOL!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

They are not ordered to do it based on my four legs so far this year.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Jean_Jasinski
Adventurer C

@floridaguy--no pilot apologies on any on my three flights this year.  In fact, all three flights were only 1/3 full.

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

Thanks for sharing, whether it was a requirement or a personal gesture, the individual's tone of his apology sounds like it was sincere from your perception which is what really counts. Once again thanks for sharing