Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Chromebook

christinesanken
Explorer C

I just bought a Chromebook and I cannot use it on the airplane because I cannot find a SW app compatable with Chromebook.    Any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Chromebook

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

@christinesanken wrote:

I just bought a Chromebook and I cannot use it on the airplane because I cannot find a SW app compatable with Chromebook.    Any suggestions?

I use a Chromebook and it works fine. Get the airtime player app and connect to getconnected.southwestwifi.com when you are on board, and you should be good to go.

GeorgetteJ
Explorer C

I have this issue, too, with Google Play telling me that my Chromebook running version OS version 78.0.3904.928.0 is incompatible with the SW wifi app. I'll try the Airtime solution when I fly SW this week. Thanks.

dfwskier
Aviator A

To be clear about this, I do not have the Southwest app on my Chromebook.

I do have the airtime player.

I simply open a chrome browser window and type in the web address mentioned earlier in the thread.

Everything works perfectly.

christinesanken
Explorer C

I downloaded the airtime player app and I still cannot watch my Chromebook on southwest wifi.    what am I doing wrong?     Christine

dfwskier
Aviator A

Good question, Christine.

My chromebook (with airtime player) worked fine until  about 10 days ago. Now I can't watch movies or live tv. I can watch tv series.

Do you go to getconnected.southwestwifi.com via your browser?

When it doesn't work, what do you get - error messages?

schlomy
Explorer C

My chromebook with the Airtime Player works, once. If I do a powerwash, then download the app, the movies play fine. I debark, come back for the return flight, and it just buffers plays a few seconds, buffers some more, repeat. Any ideas?