Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Cleanliness

ElleIra42
Explorer C

Your COVID updates state "Sani-Cide EX3, a broad-spectrum disinfectant, will be used to clean commonly used areas (onboard lavatories, tray tables, armrests, seat belts, flight attendant call buttons, and overhead bin handles) before every flight. (Begins mid-May)".

Can you please elaborate on "mid-may"? I want to visit my sister, but she has 2 small kids, and wants to make sure this action is happening. Can you give me specific dates? And flight numbers if that's the issue?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Cleanliness

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

@ElleIra42 I'm not sure if you will be able to get that answer here since this is a customer community.  That said, there may be a few reasons why there is not a firm date:

• SW might not have a firm date of when they can get the necessary supplies
  • This treatment might require training; this any other operational concerns may mean that the deployment date could vary slight from airport to airport

Note that there are already lots of new cleaning procedures already in place.  I would recommend reaching out directly to SW if you'd like more info.  Use the Contact Us link below.  And good for you for doing your research to help determine what is best for you as far as travel is concerned!  Others can find that info here: SW Promise 

If you get more info, pls update us here.  And keep an eye out for more info on the community as well.  As the time gets closer, SW may share more concrete info.

-A List, Companion Pass holder