Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Complaint about customer service

TheGuardner
Explorer C

Cell phone "disappeared" inflight. Don't know how. Then I called the phone later and the cleaning crew answered and said they had to give to their supervisor and they would hand it off to Southwest customer service. I was able to track the phone's location inside the airport for 2 days and we even went to the airport to get it but they would not help us more than to tell us we have to email the lost and found and open a case. I KNOW its there, I can see the location! but no. and then of course the phone gets turned off and Southwest denies that they ever have it or found it or anything. Well I TALKED TO YOUR CLEANING CREW ON THE PHONE WHEN THEY FOUND IT, so I KNOW you have it. And I know it stayed in the terminal for 2 days after that, even on the day I was at the airport. You guys SUUUUCKK!! this is the worst customer no-service I have ever experienced.  And you should be ashamed of yourselves for not having common sense enough to just even send someone down to the terminal and pick it up at the location that I could give you and bring it to me at the front of the airport. Thats absolutely ridiculous and I'm not surprised if you just say that you're looking for it even when you have no intention of giving it back and just sell items off to make a profit off of lost items. Absolute incompetence and lack of concern for your customer.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Complaint about customer service

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sorry you lost your phone. 

Southwest does not have the time or resources when a customer says "jump I've lost something " to drop everything and begin a search

When you have to handle tens of thousands of "found" items, you develop AND FOLLOW a lost item procedure - especially when also dealing with all of the other things that have happened since Christmas. 

Southwest has such a procedure. Found items are sent to a central location where an attempt is made to match found items with those that are reported missing. Customers need to complete a lost item report, Including a serial number dramatically improves the ability to reunite stuff with their owners.

The process may take up to 30 days.

Good luck.

TheGuardner
Explorer C

right, even when I can pin point the phone's location on the other side of security you still won't go pick it up for me. Thanks, that shows that you are NOT willing to go the extra mile for a customer. And we went through the whole central location process and it was supposedly sent to Texas, and we never ever got the phone back or any follow up from 2 different open cases. So no luck, no customer service, no phone. its been months now and never had anyone give a sh*t from Southwest and the reply on this thread just proves how little you care about customer service, Don't "jump" just tell the customer sorry, good luck.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@TheGuardner no one here works for Southwest, this is customer to customer forum so maybe tone it down a bit? 

Good luck with your claim

--TheMiddleSeat