Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Damaged Luggage

meallen
Explorer C

Hello,

So we took a girls trip to Jaimaica for my birthday 08/14/22-08/19/22, when we reached Montego Bay and recvd our bags at baggage claim my luggage was damaged. I have a huge hole that will eventually bust open. I bought this brand new and this is only my 2nd time using it. I just wanted to inform someone I am not happy about my luggage. I can take some pictures if you would like to see the luggage.

Thank you for listening,

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Damaged Luggage

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

For information about filing a damage claim take a look here:

https://www.southwest.com/help/baggage/lost-damaged-baggage

You do need to file the claim within 4 hours of arrival. Even if you are past that time you may want to write Southwest about it. 

--TheMiddleSeat

mrsstats
Adventurer C

I had excellent customer service with SWA.  Reported damaged luggage after getting my bag at Tpa. They offered $150 voucher. Told them no thanks.  They took my info, sent me an email.  I had to send them photos. Again offered $150 voucher. Turned it down. They then had their luggage vendor contact me.  I sent them my damaged luggage, they received it on a Tuesday by Friday I had my repaired bag back.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@mrsstats wrote:

I had excellent customer service with SWA.  Reported damaged luggage after getting my bag at Tpa. They offered $150 voucher. Told them no thanks.  They took my info, sent me an email.  I had to send them photos. Again offered $150 voucher. Turned it down. They then had their luggage vendor contact me.  I sent them my damaged luggage, they received it on a Tuesday by Friday I had my repaired bag back.

The one difference might be if you turned in your report at TPA within the four hour timeframe?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Hence why I buy my luggage at Goodwill, and it really isn't worth that much to begin with.  That's just me.  I hope you make your claim, and you get the outcome you seek.  

mrsstats
Adventurer C

Got my repaired luggage back. No issues

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@SWFlyer007 wrote:

Hence why I buy my luggage at Goodwill, and it really isn't worth that much to begin with.  That's just me.  I hope you make your claim, and you get the outcome you seek.  

I tried this in Vegas and the selection was surprisingly not that great. Maybe it was the wrong part of town for that. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.