Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Drink Coupons on Mobile App

Danbone
Explorer C

Just thinking about ease of use, and not having to keep up with drink coupons, why can't the drink coupons be electronic inside the Southwest App (which should be called "I Luv that App")?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Drink Coupons on Mobile App

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@Danbone wrote:

Just thinking about ease of use, and not having to keep up with drink coupons, why can't the drink coupons be electronic inside the Southwest App (which should be called "I Luv that App")?

That's a great idea, that has been suggested quite often over the past couple of years. Since drinks aren't even being served right now (and won't likely be for the immediate future) I think this is probably on the back burner at the moment.

bec102896
Aviator A

They do have mobile drink coupons for the Business Select tickets but not the every 10 flights coupons. 

You can always send your suggestion to the airline directly though one of these methods: Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint that way they can document that you would like to see mobile drink coupons in the future. 

Personally I think it would be a great add post covid since they will still try to limit contact with things we touch like drink coupons. 

jksobonya
Aviator A

I agree that mobile drink coupons need to happen! Hopefully Southwest will implement it in the future.

Speaking of drink coupons though, I do wonder if we will be sent more, or if our current coupons will be extended. I have a few that expire at the end of November. Drinks aren't currently being served on board, only water. 

--Jessica

gsking
Aviator C

@jksobonya wrote:

Speaking of drink coupons though, I do wonder if we will be sent more, or if our current coupons will be extended. I have a few that expire at the end of November. Drinks aren't currently being served on board, only water. 

--Jessica

It's been rumoured that they are automatically extended through 2021.  I've heard that a few places. 

It does seem that they aren't sending out NEW ones, though. 

By the time this is over, I hope to just tried in my stack of coupons for a handle and live it up.  Or maybe just buy a round for the plane.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

I hope this happens for you.  However, there are still dinosaurs like me who still uses a phone that is about 12 years old.  I don't get apps, nor anything other than a phone call and occasional text.  So I would be your adversary if SWA said they were going to go to app-only drink coupons.