Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Drink Service

BuddyFox
Explorer C

I understand this may not be the right platform to post this, but our company began sending people back on the road about 6 weeks ago. Therefore, I’ve been flying a few times in the past 6 weeks.

The whole water and snacks thing but no other drink service seems more financially beneficial than anything else. That’s fine. But what about paid drink service, drink coupons, business select vouchers?

On a 3 hour flight, it would be nice to have a cocktail. My question is, has anyone, whether employees or other, heard any “whispers” about when possibly reinstating drink service? Or any update?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Drink Service

bec102896
Aviator A

Unfortunately I haven't heard anything lately about when southwest will bring back drink service. My guess as another customer is that it will be brought back in phases like starting with sodas (maybe full cans?) And then expand to alcohol or maybe all of them back together with maybe a few exceptions. 

I do know that as of now 2020 expiration date drinks coupons have been extended until the end of the year December 31st I'm not sure if that will be extended or not. 

You could reach out to Southwest on Facebook or Twitter and maybe they will have more information on when beverage service may come back. 

-Blake

gsking
Aviator C

I'm also noticing they aren't mailing out any NEW drink coupons.  Not that I could use them, but it'd be nice to add to my pile.  Someday I might be able to buy the whole plane a round. 

In any case, you can bring your own beverages through Security if it's under 3 oz.   Overpriced sodas available in the airport.   You might be able to figure something out.

Nice thing about bringing your own soda on the plane...you can leave your mask down while you're drinking.

ksbrg
Employee
Employee

@gsking wrote:

Someday I might be able to buy the whole plane a round. 

Cfoote63
Explorer C

I really don't understand this....they have suspended drink service to minimize personal contact of serving beverages to you....but, they can serve you canned water and snacks....makes not sense to me...they are still having personal contact with you, so why not serve cocktails?

mcan
Explorer C

They are making it so miserable for us to fly, no wonder they're losing business.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

there was a WSJ report on the airline industry recently, guess what?  every airline is losing business.  Just food for thought.