Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Drink coupons question please

Yzguy
Explorer A

I received some drink coupons late last year.  My husband and I will flying on 9/11/19.  I just pulled my coupons out and they expire on 8/31/19.  They will be expired by 11 days by the time we fly.  Will SW let you use expired tickets?  I know some places of business will give a week or two past expiration on coupons. I’ve never gotten to use these so I really don’t know.  If these are not usable, that’s fine,. Thanks for any input.

Yzguy 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Drink coupons question please

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Yzguy wrote:

I received some drink coupons late last year.  My husband and I will flying on 9/11/19.  I just pulled my coupons out and they expire on 8/31/19.  They will be expired by 11 days by the time we fly.  Will SW let you use expired tickets?  I know some places of business will give a week or two past expiration on coupons. I’ve never gotten to use these so I really don’t know.  If these are not usable, that’s fine,. Thanks for any input.

Yzguy 

Morning.

I think that the official answer is "no." However, there have been reports of flight attendants accepting expired coupons., and some that do not. You'll have to try it and see. I would not highlight the fact that the coupons have expired when handing them to the FA.

Yzguy
Explorer A

Thanks dfwskier, I appreciate the input.  Of course, I will let him/her know they have just expired.  

If the answer is no, that’s fine. As the wife and mother of two US Marines, we just step back...adapt, and overcome. 😁

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Agree with @dfwskier -- you might get lucky, but you might not.

@Yzguy I have more than I will ever use!  If you feel comfortable doing so, private message me your mailing info, and I will mail you some coupons! 

-A List, Companion Pass holder

Yzguy
Explorer A

Wow, that is so very kind of you elijahbrantly.  I’m so touched by your offer.  I certainly don’t need many.  I will attempt to send you a private message but being a newbie here, it may be a struggle.  

Thank you so very much,

Yzguy

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

They are headed your way!  Happy flight, @Yzguy, and cheers!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

Yzguy
Explorer A

Thanks so much Elijah.  I guess I did forget to add that my best friend Manda is traveling with us also.  She retired from the Navy, but has never been on a cruise ship. She is so stoked! 😁

Thanks again, you are such a blessing,

~Winona

Yzguy
Explorer A
Solution

I received the coupons.  Thanks again, have a great weekend! ❤️