Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Drink coupons

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

I got four drink coupons in the mail today. First time in two years. Time to take up drinking, I guess. 

18 REPLIES 18

Re: Drink coupons

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Did Southwest bring back free drink days too? I remember they would offer a free drink on special days such as St Patricks.

--TheMiddleSeat

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

I have a flight home this evening so I'll see then, I guess.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

Did Southwest bring back free drink days too? I remember they would offer a free drink on special days such as St Patricks.

--TheMiddleSeat

Those were always advertised on the seatback "drinks available" card. None are listed on the current card.

Also, I just contacted SW asking about when I would receive the 30 or so drink coupons I am due since I received my last coupons.

cyberroo
Explorer A

No indication of free St. Patrick's Day drinks on my flight last night (I didn't ask), but I've generally felt like the flight attendants aren't promoting alcohol in general, at least on the short flights I take.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@cyberroo wrote:

No indication of free St. Patrick's Day drinks on my flight last night (I didn't ask), but I've generally felt like the flight attendants aren't promoting alcohol in general, at least on the short flights I take.

Same here with a flight last night. I also checked out the seatback menu card and found no reference to the holidays I previously asked about. I suspect they won't return to the usual "fun" attitude about alcohol until after the mask mandate ends.

--TheMiddleSeat

sabrina17m
Explorer B

Have you received them yet?

I am due at least 4 booklets since I last received a set back in 2019 or 2020. I called and asked them on March 29th and I confirmed my address...but still haven't received anything 🙁 💔

I called again today and the representative told me they are not retroactively sending coupon booklets - "even if you flew 50 times last year, you will not receive 5 booklets."

A friend has flown maybe 4 or 5 times in the last two years and already received a booklet ☹️ 

Is anyone else experiencing this?

jksobonya
Aviator A

@bwallet wrote:

I got four drink coupons in the mail today. First time in two years. Time to take up drinking, I guess. 

Excellent :Mr. Burns voice: 😄

--Jessica

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

And today, it appears like I got four more drink coupons. They are coming fast and furious. I had 20 old ones, and I've gotten 8 in two weeks. Half of my flights are first thing in the morning. They need to get bloody mary mix back because a bloody mary is the only drink I can imagine drinking at 6am. That or a mimosa, and I don't see champagne being offered anytime soon.

sabrina17m
Explorer B

Did you ask for them? I'm still waiting for a single set ☹️ I've flown 38 one-ways since last May and haven't received any and I have asked twice now.