Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Drink coupons

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

@sabrina17m Nope. They just suddenly started arriving in the mail.

Rebeccaann91
Explorer C

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Rebeccaann91 wrote:

By making 10 paid flights...When you do that, SW sends you drink coupons which you can use to buy "free" drinks

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

@Rebeccaann91 wrote:

By making 10 paid flights...When you do that, SW sends you drink coupons which you can use to buy "free" drinks

There's lots of ways!

Drink coupons are the easiest, but also be friendly to the FA's, give up your seat if a family boards late, sometimes the FA never comes back to collect coupons, sometimes during a delay in the before times they seemed to forgive the first round not sure if that's unofficial policy now or not, dressing up in Southwest logo clothes can't hurt. Make friends with your seatmates if you see they have a stack of coupons likely more than they could ever use. (I often offer to pick up my seatmates if they show interest in a beverage.) Sit next to but not in his adjacent middle seat of @bec102896 and he'll offer.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

jj1814
Adventurer C

I flew a ton last year. I wonder if they will let us use the ones that we couldn't use due to COVID shutdown & suspending alcohol service for so long?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@jj1814 drink coupons for alcoholic beverages that expired in 2020 or 2021 will be honored through December 31, 2022.

--TheMiddleSeat

jj1814
Adventurer C

Thanks. Now I just have to find them. I had like 8 brand spanking new ones and then quarantine.

ghenry4037
Explorer C

Don't get too excited over drink coupons, as they are severely devalued due to SW decision to not cater any gin or bloody mary mix.  An airplane cabin with no gin is truly like a day without sunshine

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@ghenry4037 Bloody Mary and others (perhaps gin?) return in September 

--TheMiddleSeat