Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Drink coupons

maficmagma
Explorer C

My drink coupons are about to expire. Can I use all four of them during a single 45 minute flight?

Dennis

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Drink coupons

dwhite759
Explorer C

Are you from Wisconsin by chance?

CoryMohn
Explorer C

On a recent flight, my seat neighbor had a few coupons that were about to expire too. They were nice enough to share and get me a drink. Maybe you could make someone else's day too.. 🙂

maficmagma
Explorer C

O

k

maficmagma
Explorer C

did they expect anything afterwards

boomer6954
Explorer A

I ran into the same situation and I just gave them to the FA and told her to make the next few people's days.  I had some very happy fellow passengers.

I usually get more than I can use so, if I someone in my row gets an "adult beverage" and are reaching for a credit card, I will often hand the FA the coupon before they can get their CC out.  I had it happen to me in the past before I flew enough to earn coupons and it made my day.

maficmagma
Explorer C

have you ever tried ordering a quadruple shot margarita?

CJF
Explorer C

Many of my drink coupons have expired also,   but I always use them and have NEVER had any refused.  Thank you Southwest.  Also if I have accunulated more that I  expect to use, I look for service members in uniform  and offer them to the service member and explain that even though  tthey show an experation date Southwest will still accept them.  When I first signed up with Southwest,  their coupons  years ago did NOT have an expiration date.

t

chgoflyer
Aviator A

If your flight attendants accept your expired coupons you've been lucky. They are not supposed to. 😉

maficmagma
Explorer C

Service members aren't supposed to drink alcohol in uniform