Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Error playing file: Unknown Playback error

akapadia
Explorer C

Hi,

I travel with Southwest very often and have never had any issues watching the free movies on my Microsoft Surface Pro running Windows 10.  Last week I started getting an error when trying to watch a movie.  See photo attached.  I tried both Chrome and IE and got the same error last week.  This week I am getting the same error again.  I have no issues playing movies on my Andriod phone, so its just not working on my computer (which I prefer to use with the bigger screen).  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also,  I tried deleting the brower cache and resetting the broswer to "default" and I still get the same error.  Also the video appears to start for about 1 or 2 secs and then the error appears.  

Capture.JPG

30 REPLIES 30

Re: Error playing file: Unknown Playback error

tnpatlick
Explorer C

This has happened the past two trips I've made including Sunday. Following hoping for a solution. I also have a Surface Pro. 

38nuts
Explorer C

I have the exact same problem. Chrome and IE suddenly stopped working. Unknow sources or Unknown Playback error. It worked flawlessly before, but now suddenly it doesn't work anymore. I can watch from phone though. Annoying.....

Scout70
Explorer C

Exact same issue here on fairly new HP Elitebook x360 w/ Windows 10. Tried Chrome, IE and Edge. Works on Android phone. Thinking it's related to latest security push from MS?

Gnatter
Explorer C

The same thing has been happening to me. I flew from TPA to ATL last week and it worked fine, now flying to LAX and back, it is not working, same error message above. I have a surface pro. Has this issue been addressed by Southwest yet?

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager
Solution

Hi @akapadia,

We did have an issue with playback on select devices/browsers beginning June 4 that we were not aware of until June 24, but we pushed a fix the night of June 25th that should have taken care of the problem. Still, I'm sorry you had this frustrating experience - being a frequent traveler myself, I know it's annoying when the inflight entertainment options aren't available. 

akapadia
Explorer C

Thank you for the reply and taking care of the issue.

Swingme83
Explorer C

As of Aug 17th this is still happening what is the fix and when will it be 100% complete

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

We're so sorry for the frustration @Swingme83. Can you please send me a private message with your travel confirmation number from August 17? Thanks!

Nicole
Community Manager

jnr142
Explorer C

Still Happening to me August 26, 2019