Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Error playing file: Unknown Playback error

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

Our WiFi Team is attributing your experience to luck since it is not officially supported: 

https://www.southwest.com/html/generated/help/faqs/inflight_internet_once_onboard_faq.html?CLK=SITES....  Thanks!

Nicole
Community Manager

d427747
Explorer C

Thank you for the information, but it doesn't assist in solving the issue.  After the fix was pushed and still experiencing the issue what is the next option to fix?

kam2265
Explorer C

This is still happening. As of yesterday 2/17/20 I am getting the same message using my Surface Pro 7. I can watch TV, but not movies

msfeeley
Explorer C

I am receiving this error 10-10-2019  very frustrating to have no access to entertainment on long flights    Had issues 9/27/19 also going to Phoenix

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

@msfeeley, I'm very sorry to learn that you're having issues accessing our entertainment onboard. Can you please share your device type, version, and browser information so I can look into this?

Nicole
Community Manager

Jk0
Explorer C

Hi,

I flew on 16 dec and had the same issue, "error playing file, unknown playback error". I was using a Microsoft surface pro and tried Firefox, ie, chrome and edge.  Any solution?

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

We're so sorry for the frustration, @Jk0. It's possible your flight was having intermittent WiFi issues. Please let us know if it happens again.

Nicole
Community Manager

Njeannea
Explorer C

I am flying on flight SW2513 from SJC to Orlando.  I am on an iPad and I can watch movies fine.  My fiancé is using a windows 10 device and he is getting the same error.  He has switched browsers (Edge, MS Explorer) and he can't watch movies.  Seems like this is a more widespread issue.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Njeannea wrote:

I am flying on flight SW2513 from SJC to Orlando.  I am on an iPad and I can watch movies fine.  My fiancé is using a windows 10 device and he is getting the same error.  He has switched browsers (Edge, MS Explorer) and he can't watch movies.  Seems like this is a more widespread issue.

Does he have the airtime app on his machine? If not, he needs it.

Jk0
Explorer C

the WiFi was working on the 16 dec flight. Other people were watching programs. 

I flew again on 19 dec and had the same error/issues. 

this is probably the 4th or 5th flight in the last couple months were the error has come up.