Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight 1453 oak to slc

Amimal
Explorer C

I write this I’m on board the above listed flight. I had to close my vent and triple mask due to a strong odor urinals of coming out of the vent and overpowering the entire cabin.

as soon as I offboard, I will be canceling my return flight to Oakland and rebook w/ delta. I also plan on canceling on my credit card and cash out all remaining miles. 
it’s so disappointing to see how this airline standards deteriorated over time. I was such a big southwest fan and faithfully ensured to choose them over any other including my companion pass and status. In a world where we need to ensure the unlicensed health standards, I’m in disbelief that this is the current situation. 
I can no longer support southwest or use them as a first choice carrier. 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Flight 1453 oak to slc

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

One bad flight on an airline is enough for you to jump ship?  Well I hope you are ready to burn through all the US based airlines pretty quickly.  If you want to let Southwest know of your bad experience you should contact them directly, this is not the place for customer feedback.  Use the contact us link at the bottom of the page and send a message.

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

After you complained to the flight attendant, what did   that person say/do?

bec102896
Aviator A

But how are you going to burn through those mikes without stepping foot on a plane? I mean I guess you could book flights for your friends but if it’s that bad why would you want your friends to suffer? 

Better yet why not just send an email to southwest and let them them try to make it right instead of complain here where no one can help fix the smell of the aircraft. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Amimal wrote:

I write this I’m on board the above listed flight. I had to close my vent and triple mask due to a strong odor urinals of coming out of the vent and overpowering the entire cabin.

as soon as I offboard, I will be canceling my return flight to Oakland and rebook w/ delta. I also plan on canceling on my credit card and cash out all remaining miles. 
it’s so disappointing to see how this airline standards deteriorated over time. I was such a big southwest fan and faithfully ensured to choose them over any other including my companion pass and status. In a world where we need to ensure the unlicensed health standards, I’m in disbelief that this is the current situation. 
I can no longer support southwest or use them as a first choice carrier. 

Where were you sitting? I think closing the vent was probably the wrong move. At cruising altitude the air from the HVAC system is 50% outside air and 50% recirculated air. 

There's no place in the HVAC system for an odor like that to suddenly start dispersing, it has to be coming from the cabin or maybe from the cargo hold. 

If the odor was coming from the lavatory then you would have wanted to have more air from the vents instead of less. Also the air is running all of the time - the vent over your head is only a supplemental vent.

If the odor was coming from a fellow passenger, for instance perhaps there was a baby near you, then again closing the vents was probably having the opposite effect.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

gsking
Aviator C

No honest person would give up their companion pass due to a stinky toilet. 

Therefore,  I guarantee this is a fake post and the poster will never return. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@gsking wrote:

No honest person would give up their companion pass due to a stinky toilet. 

Therefore,  I guarantee this is a fake post and the poster will never return. 

That's a good point. Even if it was all through one of those bonuses and they had never flown before no one would walk away from it like that.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.