Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight 4303 SLC to DAL internet is worse than AOL Dialup

mynamehere
Explorer C

Paid the $8 for inflight internet. Deprted SLC at 120ish mountain, now in decent to Dallas and the in flight internet has been garbage the entire flight. 

I could not use the internet the entire flight until decent....thanks

Oh and I still have 3 more hours of flight to go with now a dead phone that was drained trying to connect to the purchased in flight internet service

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Flight 4303 SLC to DAL internet is worse than AOL Dialup

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

Sorry to hear that.

You should tell customer relations that you want a refund

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Submitting-a-Suggestion-and-or-Complaint/ta-p/8724...

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

Wifi  is  not  needed for all  business  transactions,  as paper contracts  still  matter.

jksobonya
Aviator A

@mynamehere wrote:

Paid the $8 for inflight internet. Deprted SLC at 120ish mountain, now in decent to Dallas and the in flight internet has been garbage the entire flight. 

I could not use the internet the entire flight until decent....thanks

Oh and I still have 3 more hours of flight to go with now a dead phone that was drained trying to connect to the purchased in flight internet service

My only "annoyance" with the wi-fi is that whenever your phone goes into sleep mode and you turn it on again, it loses the wi-fi connection, so you constantly have to reconnect. But, that's not a Southwest problem, that's a standard internet wi-fi connectivity problem with any wi-fi that does not "remember" you.

--Jessica