Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight Attendants are not the same as before

Rnnorton12
Explorer C

I have flown millions of miles over the years. I have flown with SW for 30 years. I am writing this because I am tired of the flight attendants that continue to have a terrible attitude on flights. It used to be that the flight attendants were fun and kind and courteous. The flight I am on at this moment I am experiencing a lead flight attendant that speaks to all of us as if we are a problem for her, and that her roll as a flight attendant is to not only control us, but treat us as a pain in her back side. She even said in her PA that the flight attendants are checking our seat belts because they don’t trust us. I remember the days when you flew on SW that you felt like you were appreciated and were special to SW. Now you yelled at to make sure you do not take your mask off, you don’t get out of your seat unless they bestow on you permission, and they really don’t mind kicking you off flights because they can! I think SW needs to invest in some of their old fashioned customer service training. Bring back kindness, courtesy, and passenger appreciation by flight attendants.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Flight Attendants are not the same as before

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Since this is a customer to customer forum the best way to provide feedback to Southwest is to contact them directly.

Contact Customer Relations 

--TheMiddleSeat

Flight Attendants are not the same as before

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@Rnnorton12 I feel you!  But I don't think there is much we can do about it. I've been an educator for over 30 years and watched the values, attitude, and just plain citizenship of the students change basically each decade. I can honestly say this, there is no way I could teach today's kids the same way I did 35 years ago, and I say that each decade.  I've not only had to accept that, but I've also had to adjust to that.  Does that make it right, no, it just means I'm not going to let that control me.  I'm not agreeing with your assessment, but know that I've seen some changes over the years myself, but nothing to vent about.  I don't think that being reminded to keep my seatbelt and mask on is being yelled at.  For the mask part, I wish they would say it more, and go down the aisle much more than they do to keep me/us safe.  And being of age, I'm frustrated with my compromised bladder, and the "don't get up with a seatbelt on is a pain in my butt, but I haven't ever complained about that.  But I'm thinking that there could be a bigger window once we get about 30,000 feet.  With all this rambling on I guess I just want to say, our age is in a Jurassic era that I don't see ever coming back.  So just get some headphones and read a nice book throughout the flight and live!!!  My best to you my friend.