Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight attendant not wearing mask properly

stayinalive2020
Explorer C

Yesterday I witnessed a flight attendant lower her mask and lean in several times to speak to/look at cell phone pictures with the grandma in row 2. 

It was disturbing to watch and this flight attendant touched her mask way too much. Is it too much too insist that the employees wear a properly fitted mask and keep their noses covered when within 6 feet of a passenger? Please? 

IMG_7207.JPG

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Flight attendant not wearing mask properly

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

Sorry if the flight attendant not wearing her mask properly made you feel uncomfortable. If you would like to share your feedback with southwest directly you can do so though one of these contact methods: Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint 

-Blake 

stayinalive2020
Explorer C

I would like this flight attendant to be identified and publicly shamed. 

I don't think Southwest would do anything beyond lip service to their stated policy. 

gsking
Aviator C

@stayinalive2020 wrote:

Thought you might find this interesting...

https://www.amazon.com/So-Youve-Been-Publicly-Shamed/dp/1594634017

dfwskier
Aviator A

@stayinalive2020 wrote:

I don't think Southwest would do anything beyond lip service to their stated policy. 

No employer publicly shames an employee,  

It may have a discussion with the employee. It may discipline the employee. It will not publicly shame the employee.

Passenger1C
Aviator C

Publicly shame?  WOW. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

@stayinalive2020 wrote:

Yesterday I witnessed a flight attendant lower her mask and lean in several times to speak to/look at cell phone pictures with the grandma in row 2. 

It was disturbing to watch and this flight attendant touched her mask way too much. Is it too much too insist that the employees wear a properly fitted mask and keep their noses covered when within 6 feet of a passenger? Please? 

We're so sorry to see this @stayinalive2020 . Our Flight Attendants should all be wearing  their masks properly. As a peer to peer forum, we are not equipped to assist you here, but we recommend you contact Customer Relations via any of the options below so we can follow-up internally. Thank you!

Contact Customer Relations

Phone: 1-855-234-4654

Twitter: @SouthwestAir

Facebook: @SouthwestAir

Email here.

Nicole
Community Manager