Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight diverted, requesting info on possible compensation.

Rodzieap
Explorer C

I was a passenger on flight 2290 from Phoenix to Baltimore. Due to a diversion due to a crew medical emergency, the plane was severely delayed resulting in a missed connection, while I was able to get the gate agent to change the flight to one that would make my follow on military itinerary with another airline work, I still encountered a severe disruption of travel plans and ended up eating the cost for lodging at my original Southwest destination (Norfolk). I ended up sleeping on a bench in the airport at BWI. Is there any compensation that can be made in this situation with regards to air miles or anything like that? 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Flight diverted, requesting info on possible compensation.

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@Rodzieap 

Sorry to hear your flight was Diverted because of a medical emergency which caused you to miss connect and resulted in you sleeping on a bench overnight. 

I recommend reaching out to southwest directly using one of these methods: Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint.

I personally would send Southwest a DM on Twitter for the fastest response once all travel on the reservation is complete.

Hopefully your future flights are delay free!

-Blake