Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Food for purchase

survivor
Explorer C

I'm about to fly and wondering what food will be available on board. The website says "Pretzels are always complimentary" and "Additional snacks are available on longer flights." But there are no details. I even downloaded the "full menu" but it only includes a list of drinks, not snacks. Same with the inflight magazine. My flight is 3.5 hrs, 1300 miles. Does that count as longer, and does anyone know what might be available? 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Food for purchase

dfwskier
Aviator A

Hello.

Unlike other airlines, Southwest does not sell food on planes. You can count on pretzels, and if you are lucky, some other small bags of carb based products (plane cookies, various crackers, etc) - nothing very substantial.

If you are concerned about hunger, you might want to buy something to bring on board - airport food is relatively expensive so it's cheaper to buy stuff outside the airport. I sometimes bring a Subway sub on board..

Enjoy your flight.

Explorer C

I just hope snacks were more substantial .. the pretzels are so dry that almost choked me 

jksobonya
Aviator A

Southwest has been offering a snack mix in these pandemic times - and brownie brittle! Pre-COVID they offered things like Oreo's, Fritos, and Ritz Bits crackers on longer flights. Not sure what snacks will be coming back, hopefully all of them!

--Jessica

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@survivor wrote:

I'm about to fly and wondering what food will be available on board. The website says "Pretzels are always complimentary" and "Additional snacks are available on longer flights." But there are no details. I even downloaded the "full menu" but it only includes a list of drinks, not snacks. Same with the inflight magazine. My flight is 3.5 hrs, 1300 miles. Does that count as longer, and does anyone know what might be available? 

There should be a page towards the back of the magazine, but anyway - I believe the long-flight breakout is for 2 or 2.5 hours, so you should have some choice of lorna doone cookies, fritos (gf favorite), and some other types of chips. Belvita crackers also and/or plane crackers. 

I concur to buy something more substantial, but not aromatic, at the airport or bring a packaged item as long as there isn't a liquid component from home. (Same thing for Wrigley Field - bring in a burrito!)

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.