Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Free Drink on St. Patrick’s Day

rnmscnor
Explorer C

Hi, 

On a flight and the FA informed me that they were not told that today was a free beverage day. In the past SWA always gave a free drink, when did this change?

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Free Drink on St. Patrick’s Day

bec102896
Aviator A

Covid probably changed it they took a hit for awhile so they probably cut back on free drink holidays. Good thing it’s only $8 for a drink 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I don't think free drink days survived covid. Probably less willingness to do them now after all the onboard incidents. 

--TheMiddleSeat

rnmscnor
Explorer C

Thank you everyone.

They most likely reduced the number of free drinks as they did offer it on Valentine's Day but not St. Patty's. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@rnmscnor wrote:

Hi, 

On a flight and the FA informed me that they were not told that today was a free beverage day. In the past SWA always gave a free drink, when did this change?

Thank you

I think Halloween is still on the list, maybe July 4th. 

Also when the flight is delayed significantly they don't advertise but the FA may not come back to collect all the coupons. No guarantee on that one.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

rnmscnor
Explorer C

Thank you

I flew this weekend and the FA never asked for my coupons.  My flight was not delayed.  SWA is truly my go to airline.

jksobonya
Aviator A

@DancingDavidE wrote:

@rnmscnor wrote:

Hi, 

Thank you

I think Halloween is still on the list, maybe July 4th. 

Also when the flight is delayed significantly they don't advertise but the FA may not come back to collect all the coupons. No guarantee on that one.

I was going to say - I remember getting a free drink on Halloween 2022! It's still printed in the brochure as well.

--Jessica

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Here's the current drink menu. The lighting on the Max isn't great for photos. 

20230328_101511.jpg

--TheMiddleSeat