Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Free movies in iPad Pro not full screen

Stpowell2006
Explorer C

My iPad Pro is no longer showing free movies in full screen. It used to. Now they come up as a small box in the middle of the screen. I have rebooted the Ipad and restarted the app. I cannot find an option to give me full screen. It is up to date with OS13.3.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

22 REPLIES 22

Re: Free movies in iPad Pro not full screen

dfwskier
Aviator A

There should be an indicator somewhere around the perimeter of the screen that lets one change screen size to full screen.

Edziew
Explorer C

I cannot find it. 

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

How are you launching the entertainment portal? Via the app? Via southwest.com?

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

Edziew
Explorer C

I have the same problem.  I am using the ap.  Any ideas?

TaraBamburg
Employee
Employee

I am so sorry you are having this issue, what browser are you accessing the Portal from? Also, can you let me know which version of the Southwest app you have downloaded?

Nellie415
Explorer C

Hi,

'I'm having the same issue.

using safari and version 7.1.0 of the Southwest app. The expand button is not showing.

Thank you,

Stpowell2006
Explorer C

I am using safari and the SWA app. Now both of our iPads are doing the same thing. SWA app and airtime are up to date. I uninstalled and reinstalled both apps. Still no luck. 

Ld
Explorer C

I have had this issue two flights in a row, on my iPad Pro 13.3 including this evening. I am using app 7.1.0 and have tried loading both a tv show and movie through both safari and chrome.

Every attempt ends with the video showing in an extreme letterbox format where the video is shrunk and has a large black border around all four sides of the video. There has never been an option to shrink or expand the videos which play in the Southwest app.

The size of the video is also noted that the normal left carat < symbol to exit the video is displayed at the top of the screen but in the middle of the left half of the screen rather than at the far left side where it normally exists. Also odd is that as the video first loads, the spinning circle is a bit on the right half of the screen rather than dead center. This is only for a second and then the circle moves to the center and the mini sized video begins.

lusid1
Explorer C

I'm sitting on my second flight in a row with the currently busted southwest app.  It only plays movies in a tiny window, black bars left a right, top and bottom like a crummy 90's widescreen dvd transfer. 
There are no screen size controls in the current version of the app, only language and subtitle  settings. 
someone please go flog the developers, and make them watch 24 hours of messed up window boxed video in a tiny little seat, then fire them and hire someone that can code. Please.  Please.  Please.