Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Get it Together Southwest BWI baggage claim!

Rachael42
Explorer C

Southwest BWI baggage claim is the worst in the entire United States. I fly every month all over the country and it’s unacceptable how slow Southwest BWI is.  Over 1 hour wait times, back to back bags getting stuck, overloaded carousels instead of spreading the flights out onto open carousels. No other airline at BWI is like this. Time to do something after YEARS of being slow. Enough is enough. Do something!

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Get it Together Southwest BWI baggage claim!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Perhaps you should send your comments directly to Southwest? Use the contact us link at the bottom of this page and send a message. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Alex_in_AUS
Explorer C

Hear hear!

Sehugie
Explorer C

We fly southwest 20 times a year out of BWI and NEVER wait less than an hour for bags.  Almost always 1.5 hours.  And it’s nothing to do with weather.  Heaven help

you of you check skis.  Ground crews here clearly lack motivation to do their jobs

and southwest clearly lacks the motivation to do anything about it.  Plan for the worst.

dfwskier
Aviator A

as said in the post located 2 posts up chain from yours:

"Perhaps you should send your comments directly to Southwest? Use the contact us link at the bottom of this page and send a message. "

Alex_in_AUS
Explorer C

I’ve gotten $1,000 in LUV Vouchers from SWA as a result of contacting them about this issue.  Obviously it has not been escalated to the right levels.  

dfwskier
Aviator A

You seem to think that BWI baggage issues are the most important issue that Southwest needs to deal with.

I have news for you: It is not.

Alex_in_AUS
Explorer C

You’re putting words in my mouth.  You suggested we contact SWA.  They have been contacted.