Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Golden puppy

Leoboy2020
Explorer A

The breeder is meeting us in the airport,   We will have about 4 hours to kill before the trip home,  I plan on finding the dog relief area and letting him get his energy out and hoping he falls asleep for the flights home.   I know he will be crying.  I’m a bit stressed over it.  But I kept telling myself it’s a 1 time thing.  And he will be just fine.  Coming home to our family, he will be showered with love ❤️ 

dfwskier
Aviator A

Make sure you put some towels in the carrier so he has something soft to fall asleep on. Also, you might want to put a wind up clock in the case with him. The ticking might remind him of his mom's heartbeat and calm him a bit.

Leoboy2020
Explorer A

I plan on having a baby bag packed !  Lol.  I keep seeing to not feed him

along the journey.  Ugh.  
First flight is 3 hours 20 min

then 1 hour layover.  Which I plan on getting him to the pet relief area. Then 1 hour on second flight.  And we live about 15 min from airport 

going to be a long day for him

Passenger2B
Explorer C

Hi there! You shouldn’t have any issue getting an 8 week old golden into the carrier. Like others have mentioned, I’d definitely recommend the potty break during layover. Best of luck with your new puppy!

Leoboy2020
Explorer A

Thank you !!   I hope it fits him!! 

rebeccaimo
Explorer C

Be careful of the pet relief area at the airports, an 8 week old puppy won't have all of his/her parvo vaccinations yet. 

Leoboy2020
Explorer A

Yes for sure!!