Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Hawaii trip

SWA_Flyer2
Explorer C

I am travelling with 5 yr old to Hawaii (OGG) for the first time from Dallas , the route I got is DAL-San Diego -Maui. My connection is 50 mins only in San Diego , I am worried it will be a short time & then the flight from San Diego to Maui , do they even have any food that they serve on plane? 

Tks in advance

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Hawaii trip

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

If your flight from DAL is on time you should have plenty of time to grab a sandwich and go to the restroom. The Southwest terminal in SAN is very compact and gates are close together. You won't get much more than some snacks on the reminder of the trip so grab a few things in SAN.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Hawaii trip

PSPflyer
Explorer C
Solution

I flew SAN to OGG last week, and while most of the Southwest Gates are in Terminal 1 at gates 3-10, we flew out of gate 17 which is still in terminal one, but it’s a bit of a walk from those other gates. You should be able to pick something up quickly if you arrive on time. On board we were served a snack pack that consisted of wheat thins, a soft cheese spread, Welch’s gummy fruit snack, Brownie Brittle, and tic tacs.  We also arrived back into San Diego near the same gate we flew out of rather than the usual gates 3-10. I was thinking it might be due to being in the  larger Max 8 on the way over and the 800 on the way back, but I don’t know for sure. I just wanted to let you know that you might have a bit of a walk when you arrive into SAN from Dallas.