Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Hello

palphalke
Explorer C

Since my flight is over 200 miles, do I get beverages and snacks or do I need to bring my own? I haven't flown for a long time as I have been so busy with 3 jobs!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Hello

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

Well, sort of.

Southwest will serve a bottle of water and a bag of snack mix. (caveat: turbulence has been known to cause this service to be suspended in the past)  You might want to bring more in case you think you might still be hungry.

At this point, no soft drinks or liquor are being served.

Hope you enjoy your return to the skies.

Re: Hello

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

At this time service is limited to water and a small snack.  Here's the info from https://www.southwest.com/Coronavirus/?clk=CORONAVIRUS_TA&cbid=5228044#covid-general-info

Limited snack and beverage service on flights over 250 miles beginning May 22Updated October 1, 2020 at 3:30 p.m. CT.

We are giving you more time to use your coupon. Any drink coupon set to expire in 2020 (regardless of the expiration month of the coupon) will be honored through December 31, 2021. Please keep the original drink coupon to redeem for a free drink in the near future.

Our desire to continue providing Southwest Hospitality is as strong as ever, and our entire Team truly appreciates your understanding in the decisions made around food and drink service to limit close interactions. We’re serving water and snacks on flights more than 250 miles in distance, when available. Straws are available upon request.

As always, you’re welcome to bring your own non-alcoholic beverages onboard. However, FAA regulations prohibit passengers from drinking alcohol on the aircraft unless it is served by the air carrier.

--TheMiddleSeat