Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Horrible Experience DEN-->SJC

gsking
Aviator C

Perhaps because coddling behavior that is unnecessarily sensitive and prone to complaints just begets more behavior that's unnecessarily sensitive and prone to complaints?   

I didn't realize the rule here was that we had to agree with everyone.   Constructive criticism means we tell people they may be wrong.   And honestly,  I feel someone willing to come online and whine because they were tapped with a card is very likely liable to fall apart when presented with an in flight emergency. 

We don't allow children to sit in exit rows for a reason, right?   How about people acting like children? 

I guess everyone gets a trophy these days. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@gsking I'm not sure how calling someone "fragile" is constructive criticism.

You don't have to agree with everyone, but no need to call people names. Constructive criticism would be to point out that it's best to pay attention to the flight crew while sitting in an exit row or perhaps sit elsewhere if you desire to be left alone. And of course, pointing out how a complaint can be filed so the airline can politely determine if it's worthy of action or response can be helpful. 

Being quiet and moving onto another thread can also be constructive.

--TheMiddleSeat

gsking
Aviator C

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

Being quiet and moving onto another thread can also be constructive.

--TheMiddleSeat

I disagree.   What does that solve?   That type of acquiescence is exactly how we get more complaining.   

Sometimes the truth hurts.   I'm sorry you find it offensive.   So you can't call a fragile person fragile.   Hmm. Interesting

Your tautology for the day. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

So the key to a successful community is to drive everyone you disagree with away with insults?

--TheMiddleSeat