Southwest Airlines Community

Horrible Experience DEN-->SJC

marcodm31
Explorer C

Friday, June 11, 2021

Flight #561

11:30am

DEN to SJC

I boarded the plane and took a middle seat next to my friend in the emergency exit row. As I was buckling my seat belt I felt something medium to hard hit the top of my baseball hat. I looked up and saw a flight attendant named Jacqueline standing in front of me with some sort of hybrid-style Flock of Seagulls haircut. Turns out I had been hit with the laminated emergency exit row instructions--I found out later that she hit my friend on the head first, as well.

Me: "Did you just hit me on the head?"

Jacqueline: "Yeah."

Me: "Why?"

Jacqueline: "Because I needed your attention."

Me: "Really? WOW."

Jacqueline: "Yeah."

Truly speechless, Southwest. Unbelievable. So disrespectful and unprofessional in every way.

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Horrible Experience DEN-->SJC

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

On frontier on the same flight paying for your seat, change fees and seat.

now that's unprofessional !

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

This is a customer to customer forum. You can submit your feedback directly to Southwest

Contact Customer Relations

--TheMiddleSeat

marcodm31
Explorer C

Thank you.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Wow, it was "horrible" when a flight attendant taps the top of your head with a one ounce piece of paper?

whatever...

If you think that is horrible. wait till someone drops a bag from the overhead storage on top of your head. THAT is horrible

marcodm31
Explorer C

Aren't you too busy right now ripping the wings off butterflies or something?

gsking
Aviator C

Don't sit in the exit row anymore.   You're obviously too fragile to deal with an emergency.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Some really helpful comments here. I'm not sure why either was necessary.

--TheMiddleSeat

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

Hello everyone. We want everyone to feel comfortable sharing their thoughts here, and I'm seeing some remarks that are neither courteous nor constructive. Please remember to communicate respectfully while using the Community discussion forum and to follow our Community User Guidelines. 

Nicole
Community Manager

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

I like flying Southwest because it is fun and people are happy. However, I do a agree that a flight attendant tapping someone on the head to get their attention probably crossed a line of acceptability. Yes, it was harmless, and I'm sure that she meant no bad, but it is likely to upset some people (reasonably). It isn't exactly a Federal case, but it is poor judgment.

I was going to say that a FA touching a passenger (or vice versa) to get attention is wrong, but I've had a FA tap me on the arm before to wake me up to give me a drink I had requested. Clearly, sometimes, there is a need for physical contact. But, honestly, you don't touch someone you don't know anywhere from the neck up or the waist down or I guess pretty much anywhere except the arms or shoulders.