Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: How do you condone this?!?!?

upsetatyousw
Explorer C

Something happened the other day on a flight from Tampa Florida. I am sure you are aware of it. I live in Dunedin, Florida and I traveled often before the shutdown. I understand the airlines are hurting so it disturbs and puzzle’s me you think you can treat a paying customer like this. Is it your policy to have a white supervisor representing Southwest Airlines remove a black customer from a flight because he was not thinking like you expect a black man to think? Did it bother you he got off the plantation? Is it because you don't want the business of Trump supporters? He complied to your rules as he was asked to when he got on. It was clearly not about the mask. He was eating trail mix and drinking coffee as where other passengers on the plane. They were not harassed in any way. Very shameful. This will not be forgotten. Regards.

Mark56
Explorer C

I am totally shocked by the response of SWA employees's. The gentlemen was cleary following SWA policy, The crew did not like his politacal choice so they moved on it.

At the least the crew should be repremanded and client reimbursed for flight, lost meetings...

Incredible

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Mark56 wrote:

I am totally shocked by the response of SWA employees's. The gentlemen was cleary following SWA policy, The crew did not like his politacal choice so they moved on it.

At the least the crew should be repremanded and client reimbursed for flight, lost meetings...

Incredible

What is truly incredible is that people like you, who have no first hand knowledge of what happened in the minutes before the video started show up and bellow. SW told you what happened.

The passenger refused requests from multiple   employees to wear a mask.  Do that on any airline and the result is the same: you get booted from the flight.

Get off your fake soapbox and get a life. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

@Mark56 wrote:

Incredible

What is truly incredible is that people like you, who have no first hand knowledge of what happened in the minutes before the video started show up and bellow. SW told you what happened.

The passenger refused requests from multiple   employees to wear a mask.  Do that on any airline and the result is the same: you get booted from the flight.

Get off your fake soapbox and get a life. 

This situation was literally tailor made to trigger a certain segment of the population. It's distressing to see so many buy it -- hook, line and sinker.

But I suppose that shouldn't be surprising anymore. 😞

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

What the video DOESN'T show is any interaction prior to what you see.  In fact, you really only see the individual at the end.  So as mentioned, you don't know the entire story, just part of it.  

Chunkylovemuff
Explorer C

Southwest silence is deafening. The airline and flight attendant needs to make an apology and the employee promptly fired. 99.9% of the time I fly Southwest for business and for leisure, if they don't do the right thing, I will take my business elsewhere. I'll pay extra to fly Delta, it is no skin off my back. 

Pilindriqui
Explorer C

This is outrageous on the part of Southwest! The fact that the flight crew would not answer the female passenger who repeatedly ask them for their policy regarding whether one could lower their facemask while eating shows that they did not want to provide customer service. They don't care about the passengers. If they did, they would have answered her question!

PCfromAG
Explorer B

There is no condoning this. It's political bias at it's finest with a touch of racism thrown in. Southwest is off my list.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Let me know how paying for those checked bags go for you...

kimcdougc
Explorer C

Not about the money paying for your suitcases.  It's the principal.  The gentlemen seemed very calm, polite and when the flight attendant was asked by other passengers what Southwest policy is about face masks and eating.  He refused to answer.  This is not good customer service in my opinion.  This is why I fly Delta.  They didn't show the gentlemen any respect as a paying customer.  What if it were you that they were talking about?