Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

I’m driving

ffflyer
Frequent Flyer B

Been looking for an excuse to stop flying. Tired of the rude and just plain stupid people both employees and passengers, and myself in that same category of course. 

I can drive coast to coast in less than three days. Or take my time and see the sights. 

happy travels everyone. Wave down at me as you fly by. 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: I’m driving

dfwskier
Aviator A

NYC to SFO is 2900 miles. If you can do that in three days, you are a better person than 90% of Americans. 13+ hours behind the wheel every day for three days?

Don't fall asleep behind the wheel.

Safe travels.

gsking
Aviator C

And that 2900 miles is probably over $200-300 on gas, plus about the same or more in wear and tear on your car.   Could EASILY cost you over $1000, including food and lodging.   

I'm flying to FLL for$100, and will be there in a few hours.   Not a very hard decision in my book.   The politeness of the SWA employees more than makes up for the inanity of many of the passengers. 

But now that you're done trolling an airplane forum and getting your validation, don't forget to change your handle to something more apropos.   I have suggestions if you need them. 

Judging by your past posts, I'm sure you're just messing with us.   Happy Friday.  😃

Ps...I do want to drive across the country someday, but not whilst I have my Companion Pass.   

ffflyer
Frequent Flyer B

I can do it in three days. But I might take my time.  

Yes, it will cost more. Maybe twice as much. 

And yes, I might end up flying. I have some credit from a cancelled trip so...

And yes, for the most part, the FAs on SWA are great. 

Still, if I were going today, I’d drive. 😎

ffflyer
Frequent Flyer B

I can do it in three days. But I might take my time.  

Yes, it will cost more. Maybe twice as much. 

And yes, I might end up flying. I have some credit from a cancelled trip so...

And yes, for the most part, the FAs on SWA are great. 

Still, if I were going today, I’d drive. 

ipsedixit
Frequent Flyer C

Great.

More drinks and pretzels for me.

I’m driving

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

You can bet I will be sure to WAVE 🖐 at you when I fly over you.  But it more than likely will be on my return trip from where I'm coming from as you will still be on the road.