Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

I’m soaked in tequila

Alohaloza
Explorer C

Yep, just wanted to chime in to express how disappointed I am in the unwillingness of SWA to accept responsibility for my luggage and all of it contents being drenched in tequila during our flight (from someone else’s bottle/luggage). Not exactly how I planned to start the first day of my Hawaiian vacation. I would have been thrilled if they had simply offered to pay for my clothes to be laundered. I didn’t even get an apology. This is terrible customer service and definitely contributes to a poor customer experience. Will definitely shop other airlines for future trips before ever considering Southwest again!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: I’m soaked in tequila

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I'm not sure who you spoke to, but I would be willing to bet a bottle of tequila that if you wrote to Southwest (use the contact us link at the bottom of the page and send a message) and explain what happened and how much you paid for laundry service they would send you a LUV voucher for future travel.  No, you are not going to get a check to reimburse you for laundry.

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A

Did you visit the baggage service office when you arrived? They deal with bag issues and they could have filed a report for you. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

I hope it was top shelf as opposed to rot gut.

That'd be karma at work for the offending traveler

Alohaloza
Explorer C

Yeah, we did. I even showed them my clothes. They said that this was not something SWA was responsible for since it was probably packed wrong and not the fault of their baggage handlers.

jksobonya
Aviator A

Considering you can only bring 3.4oz of liquids on a plane, I am curious how you got “soaked” with tequila. Typically the mini liquor bottles are like 100mL or about a shot’s worth. 

— Jessica

Alohaloza
Explorer C

It was checked luggage. They allow for full sized bottles of liquor in your check luggage, but thanks for question the credibility of my claim anyway. ✌🏼