Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: In-Flight Wifi - VPN Issue

wlittler
Explorer C

Hello All! 

I sit here in April 2019 on a flight from San Diego to Austin, and found my way to this thread as I also cannot establish a connection through my corporate VPN! We use Pulse Secure. I can connect to WiFi and browse openly, but cannot do the work I bought the $8 WiFi for, as I need to connect to my corp VPN... I will be requesting a refund, hopefully they accomodate... but Southwest, please fix this! It's the only reason some people buy the WiFi, and it works on other airlines.

Thanks!

williambascus
Explorer C

Just wanted to chime in that I've been on two Southwest flights in the past two weeks, and access to our corporate VPN has been a no-go each time.     This is actually something that I'm going to raise up our chain, as Southwest is one of our recommended choices when booking travel.  I'm kind of wondering if perhaps noone else at the company is actually working on a flight Smiley LOL

My IP understanding is not super great, but it doesn't logical that all corporate VPNs would require the same port access, but I will admit, I'm not a loyal flyer to any one company, and haven't had any issues on Alaska or United.    

I can understand that Southwest might want to restrict Virtual Machine access, but it's odd that VPN is such a no-go.   

SWDigits
Aviator A

@williambascus wrote:

Just wanted to chime in that I've been on two Southwest flights in the past two weeks, and access to our corporate VPN has been a no-go each time.     This is actually something that I'm going to raise up our chain, as Southwest is one of our recommended choices when booking travel.

This is a really good point, I'm surprised there are not more comments along these lines.

@williambascus wrote:

I'm kind of wondering if perhaps noone else at the company is actually working on a flight Smiley LOL

Thank you for a good laugh!!!

Customer | Home airport DCA

ridgeway
Adventurer C

I guess this thread puts the nail in the coffin on this issue. Officially not supported. What a shame

VPN? (southwest.com)

--
Main flight paths are between DEN -> DAL (LUV Field) -> AUS -> PVR