Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

In-Flight movies not working on Pixel 6a. Constantly refreshes

Tellymanos
Explorer C

Hi all, frequent flyer here who travels at least once a week on SW. Never had any issues with the in-flight movie player until the last two weeks. I select a movie, start the JW player, it plays about 3 seconds then resets itself. This happens indefinitely, causing movies to not play. I've tried it on Chrome, Firefox, and the native android browser, all are producing the same result. If I skip ahead, it still reloads after a few seconds and resets to the same spot. I've also tried accessing in-flight movies through the southwest app, and it gives the same result.

Any idea why the movie player is constantly refreshing? My wife's phone, her tablet and laptop don't experience this issue. It's only happening on my Pixel 6a. This phones less than a year old, and everything has been updated. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling apps to no avail. Do I need to change something in settings?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: In-Flight movies not working on Pixel 6a. Constantly refreshes

AndSoItGoes
Explorer A

Not that it helps, it happened to me constantly on my recent flights.

Lysha
Explorer C
Solution

I was experiencing the same issue on my Google Pixel 6a & setting Chrome to "Desktop site" solved it for me. 

rich1954
Adventurer A

I had the same issue with my Samsung galaxy tablet, bought a iPad and the problem disappeared.

floridaguy
Aviator C

If you use an Apple device - virtually no issues.

If you use a non-Apple device - virtually nothing but problems.