Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

In-flight internet and Android 12 not working?

Frenchyalex
Explorer C

Just got a Pixel 6 phone with Android 12.

I can connect to SW wifi just fine, but when I want to connect to the internet and SW portal tries to take me to the Preferred Rewards login page, the page gets blocked by Chrome for security reasons and there is no option to proceed. My understanding is that the login page is accessed through SW wifi in a different manner than the usual way when on land, and Chrome sees it as a security issue, as if someone was spoofing the page to collect the login info.

Any way around? I did not try another browser as I did not have any other installed on the phone at that time.

Here's is the full text displayed by Chrome:

www.southwest.com normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Chrome tried to connect to

www.southwest.com this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be www.southwest.com, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.

You cannot visit www.southwest.com right now because the website uses HSTS. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later.

Reload

Hide advanced.

+

2 REPLIES 2

Re: In-flight internet and Android 12 not working?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Seems you can clear a setting to resolve the issue.  Google "Clearing HSTS settings in Chrome"

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: In-flight internet and Android 12 not working?

Frenchyalex
Explorer C

Got a chance to try that yesterday, and it worked. Thank you.