Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: In flight need help. Extreme Nut allergy.

floridaguy
Aviator C

You can all name and shame me all day.  I am not going to start accommodating every known hiccup and allergy when I board a plane.  If the Federal law allows the accommodation, I'm all for it.  

While I also appreciate your health condition, you have no right to restrict the activity of others.  You can make life choices.  

If I had an allergy to makeup or hair tonic, would you remove it prior to the flight if the flight attendant "announced" it to everyone?

tappingmom1
Frequent Flyer B

People can die from peanut allergen exposure.  Full stop.

I've never heard of anyone dying from a makeup or hair tonic allergy.  Just sayin'...

floridaguy
Aviator C

People die from bee stings, too.  We don't stop having flowers and the like.

My mind is made up on this one.  I am NOT going to be restricted by some general announcement that someone has an allergy, someone has some sensitivity, etc.

Your rights end where mine begins.  You need to make choices.  

Thumbs up to Southwest for NOT announcing your condition and for suggesting that you not attend the flight!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

People die from bee stings, too.  We don't stop having flowers and the like.

My mind is made up on this one.  I am NOT going to be restricted by some general announcement that someone has an allergy, someone has some sensitivity, etc.

Your rights end where mine begins.  You need to make choices.  

Thumbs up to Southwest for NOT announcing your condition and for suggesting that you not attend the flight!

No one is restricted, all they do is make an announcement so everyone can make a decision for themselves.

I don't know current policy, but they have made these types of announcements in the past so there is precedent for it to happen.

The OP asking for this isn't unreasonable if they've seen it be done before. (Have they been doing it on every flight the OP takes?)

But TL;DR: @tappingmom1 said it the best with all of the actions the OP can take directly and that's all the control there is on this issue.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.