Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Inflight Entertainment Problems

Sweety-D
Explorer A

The problem:

The Inflight Entertainment systems doesn't always work on MAC/PC. It's not user error. I can watch live TV on my mobile browser without issue on both iOS and Android devices 99% of the time. However about 20% of the time, it won't work on PC/Mac browsers. 

To duplicate:

Open Safari/Chrome on a Windows 7/10 or Mac Catalina. Navigate to southwestwifi.com and you will be redirected to southwest.com/com which only advertises the Inflight Entertainment, it doesn't let you acutely log in and use the product. When this happens to 1 person on the flight, it happens to everyone. There is no middle ground. Meanwhile, all mobile devices allow login and work just fine. 

My credibility:

I fly on SW 50+ times a year. Been A-List Preferred with companion status for a decade. I'm a software developer and can build websites from the ground up. So, the idea that I simply don't know what I'm doing is impossible. I fly with both Windows and Mac laptops.

This is really annoying as I prefer to watch on larger devices. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Inflight Entertainment Problems

bec102896
Aviator A

sorry to hear the inflight entertainment isn’t working for you on your MAC/PC I would send your report to southwest directly though one of these contact methods: Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint  this way Southwest can investigate and see what might be causing the problem. 

-Blake 

Sweety-D
Explorer A

Thanks for the suggestion. Interestingly, I am on another SW flight right now (I was on a SW flight last night while making the last post), and the IFE is working just fine on all devices. The laptop is not giving the redirect when connected via laptop browser. 

bec102896
Aviator A

@Sweety-D wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. Interestingly, I am on another SW flight right now (I was on a SW flight last night while making the last post), and the IFE is working just fine on all devices. The laptop is not giving the redirect when connected via laptop browser. 

Glad to hear it is working for you on your flight today! 

-Blake