Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Inflight Movies Not Working

ddeader
Explorer C

Have others encountered the inflight movies not working? On flights 9/12/2020 and 10/12/2020, I have not been able to access the movies using Android (Galaxy Tab S2 or Galaxy S7). I can access live TV and on demand TV. Also on one flight, the Flight Tracker page did not work.

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Inflight Movies Not Working

dfwskier
Aviator A

It's just dumb (bad) luck.

Movies have worked fine on the ten flights I've had since May.

edit add: In the past when live TV or movies did not play, I got an error message. Did you, and if so what was the error number?

TaraBamburg
Employee
Employee

Hey there, @ddeader!

Can you DM me your flight details so I can look more into your specific cases? We have not been having any movie outages recently (was just able to watch The Way Back yesterday on my Galaxy S10 yesterday, highly recommend for your next flight), but want to look more into this for you. Especially with you being able to watch on-demand TV, it's very odd that movies weren't working as they are delivered the same way and are supported on Android devices running at least Android v8. 

Thanks!

ddeader
Explorer C

Does NOT Work:

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 with Android 7.0 and Chrome 86.0.4240.99

Samsung Galaxy S7 with Android 8.0.0 and Chrome 86.0.4240.99

Works:

iPhone 7 with iOS 13.7 and Safari 13.0

Is there a browser for Android 7.0/8.0 that is supported?

TaraBamburg
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hello again, @ddeader!

We only support Android 8.0 and above so we cannot guarantee that your tablet will work, unfortunately. 

As for the phone running Android 8.0 and Chrome, this does fall under our supported devices so I'm going to have to look into your specific flights to investigate further. Can you please DM me what flights you were experiencing this on? Even just O-D, date, and approximate time of departure is helpful as I don't anticipate you have flight numbers memorized. 🙂

ddeader
Explorer C

I have not been able to locate Private Messages to reply with my MAC addresses.

There is a red number next to my profile, bit it does not take me to messages.

TaraBamburg
Employee
Employee

@ddeader That's odd since we were able to Private Message already. When you open up the message I sent back where I asked for your MAC address, was there not a yellow Reply button?

If you're having trouble accessing the message entirely; when you click on your profile icon that has the red number next to it, you should see an envelope icon in the box that opens which will take you to Private Messages, but let me know if that's not the case.

TaraBamburg_0-1603374560210.png

ddeader
Explorer C

No envelop, just a Notifications bell, and a Total Posts balloon.

I wonder if it is related to a recent software change, or permissions?

I have tired MS Edge, Chrome and Firefox on Android, Windows 10, and Windows 7.Southwest Community.JPG

TaraBamburg
Employee
Employee

Calling in some help from one of our Community Owners, @NicoleAshley 🙂

Any thoughts on the issue @ddeader is having with accessing Private Messages?

ddeader
Explorer C

Also, I noticed attached images are not accessible.

FYI: I am a systems test engineer, so I may get detailed in reporting what I perceive as a system issue.

As a customer, I just want you to have the best systems possible. 🤓