Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Inflight Movies Not Working

TaraBamburg
Employee
Employee

Haha, great to hear! Nicole just messaged that she was able to work some magic on her end so your message functionality should be there now.

Thanks!

awong5000
Explorer C

Same problem with android users on our flight today.  Running android 9 on a samsung S8.  Flt 1448 on 5/30/2021 CMH to PHX.  Restarted phone didnt help.  We could watch live tv but all free movies gave us an error that they were not available and to check the FAQs.

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

@awong5000 wrote:

Same problem with android users on our flight today.  Running android 9 on a samsung S8.  Flt 1448 on 5/30/2021 CMH to PHX.  Restarted phone didnt help.  We could watch live tv but all free movies gave us an error that they were not available and to check the FAQs.

Apologies for the frustration, @awong5000 . Sometimes it can help to try a different browser. Please let us know if you encounter this situation on your next flight.

Nicole
Community Manager

Yvonneh12
Explorer C

For several years I had send my Android tablet to watch movies. But just recently I couldn’t watch them. Error message said I needed to upgrade the operating system. I checked and I had already upgraded. Then on the next flight I STILL could not watch movies. I have a flight in 3 weeks and wonder if I should bring my laptop (too heavy) or invest in a new non-Android tablet. 

ddeader
Explorer C

It is my understanding that Chrome versions available on Android versions less than 10.0 is no longer compatible with the Movie streams on Southwest Airlines. I have been able to get the TV streams to work with Chrome 91.0.4472.77/Android 7.0 on my Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 (SM-T813) on recent flights.

I recommend installing different browser.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

I've not had any issues with getting movies?  But then again, I don't watch them I normally watch the TV stations...ESPN.  But when i do have connections issues, it's a sign that I just need to get a nap, so I do.