Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Inflight WiFi not connecting to IPhone

Foxyepoxy
Explorer C

Have any other A-List Preferred users had trouble connecting to free WiFi on their iPhones recently? I could not get the regular free text to work either. My iPhone would not connect this week through the A-List Preferred link on a 700 or 800 series aircraft. It worked fine 12 days ago when I was on a longer flight. I received the message that “the server could not be reached.” Not having WiFi on 1 hour flights this week was survivable but upcoming cross country trips will be a problem if this continues. 

4 REPLIES 4

Inflight WiFi not connecting to IPhone

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

From what I hear, people have WIFI issues on many airlines, there are just so many moving parts in WIFI on a plane to be perfect for every plane.  It just might be something you have to get used to.  

Re: Inflight WiFi not connecting to IPhone

dfwskier
Aviator A

While I was working I ran a distributed computing program. Had users from Germany to Taiwan. Lots of people called about something mot working. It was almost impossible to diagnose the problem without actually being at the user's location and seeing what was happening. 

One time a user called about not being able to get the program to print anything. I spent at least an hour on the phone with her. Never could diagnose the problem. So i drove to her office. Noticed the printer was switched off, and turned it on. Problem fixed.

Your issue is likely unique to your phone.

dfwskier
Aviator A

The Southwest app requires IOS 11.0 or newer. Are you current?

Foxyepoxy
Explorer C

Yup!