Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Inoperable Wifi on Flights: Entirely too frequent these days

Explorer C

This has been an ongoing issue with SWA and their low bandwidth wifi. Instead of just going wtih the known preferred vendor in the industry (gogo) they have some dreadful off brand provider and yes they give nearly all of the bandwidth to the TV watching. Music and movies never work and forget trying to get any work done on SWA flights with internet access. I for one rely on that connecton and have changed over 50% of my flights to Delta just to get reliable internet!! Terrible move by SWA and they don't seem to be in a hurry to address it. I fly over 250 flights each year and have move about 150 of those to Delta for this one reason. I stopped sending in complaints to SWA because I just got the curtiosy reply from some college kid on the other end. Good news for the airline is they don't need our business. If we don't take the seat, someone else will.

Sethcampbell
Explorer C

It’s so bad.  I have been for years and it’s literally every single flight.  Sometimes I end up buying it because the WiFi works if you pay but the links to free preferred login don’t work.  SWA is losing their top people with this craziness.  

Christravel
Explorer C

As I'm sitting here about to take off knowing my WiFi is not going to work and then realizing I go out of my way to fly SW and even take extra legs to remain loyal, I think I might be done. Why should I keep wasting my time and money on crappy flights. I've been loyal for 10 years. Where is SW loyalty? Grrrr

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Christravel wrote:

As I'm sitting here about to take off knowing my WiFi is not going to work and then realizing I go out of my way to fly SW and even take extra legs to remain loyal, I think I might be done. Why should I keep wasting my time and money on crappy flights. I've been loyal for 10 years. Where is SW loyalty? Grrrr

Yes, wifi is a problem. Hiwever, wifi is just one part of the total experience. You have to evaluate the entire experience. If the total experience is negative, you fly someone else. If not, you continue to fly SW.

All airline have good and bad points. Wifi is one of SW's bad points.

SWDigits
Aviator A
I know it doesn't always work for everyone but I'm in the air now, WiFi is working great for me.

Customer | Home airport DCA

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

@Christravel, a decade of loyalty is no small thing. Please send me a private message so we can help save the relationship!