Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Kick Tails

johnindallas
Adventurer C

I was talking with a few FAs on my flight back to Dallas this evening and one of them asked if I used Kick Tail coupons. Frankly, I hadn't even thought about them for quite a while since it's been ages (maybe years?) since I've had any mailed to me. I'll remedy that by a call to customer care.

However, it occurred to me that an easier/alternate way to administer these, rather than have to tote paper coupons in your pocket or travel bag, would be to have them as part of the phone app. You get an allocation of a certain amount loaded to your RR account at various intervals and you can "share" them right from your phone with an FA or other employee who "kicks tail."

To do it, you could simply launch that section of the app, scan an employee's badge similar to a QR code, and the KT credit would be transferred from your RR account to the employee's "bank." If it would be better security and prevent employee data from being potentially stored on a customer's device, maybe a unique code could be generated on the phone app and the emploiyee could initiate the scan to facilitate the transfer.

Yes, I know this would be extra programming and probably not a high enough priority to get much traction, but it could certainly be a win for the employees who would be in a position to get a lot more KTs - especially from those of us who are air warriors throughout the year. I'd be much more inclined to do a few clicks than try to find a coupon buried in my travel bag...that is, if i were even sent any KT coupons. 🙂

Just a suggestion. (As is adding an easy way to find unused travel funds via the app!)

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Kick Tails

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@johnindallas wrote:

I was talking with a few FAs on my flight back to Dallas this evening and one of them asked if I used Kick Tail coupons. Frankly, I hadn't even thought about them for quite a while since it's been ages (maybe years?) since I've had any mailed to me. I'll remedy that by a call to customer care.

However, it occurred to me that an easier/alternate way to administer these, rather than have to tote paper coupons in your pocket or travel bag, would be to have them as part of the phone app. You get an allocation of a certain amount loaded to your RR account at various intervals and you can "share" them right from your phone with an FA or other employee who "kicks tail."

To do it, you could simply launch that section of the app, scan an employee's badge similar to a QR code, and the KT credit would be transferred from your RR account to the employee's "bank." If it would be better security and prevent employee data from being potentially stored on a customer's device, maybe a unique code could be generated on the phone app and the emploiyee could initiate the scan to facilitate the transfer.

Yes, I know this would be extra programming and probably not a high enough priority to get much traction, but it could certainly be a win for the employees who would be in a position to get a lot more KTs - especially from those of us who are air warriors throughout the year. I'd be much more inclined to do a few clicks than try to find a coupon buried in my travel bag...that is, if i were even sent any KT coupons. 🙂

Just a suggestion. (As is adding an easy way to find unused travel funds via the app!)

Only that the hurdle for awarding one might be higher with the coupons than with the app, but otherwise this sounds pretty interesting...how about it @GloriaL?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

gsking
Aviator C

Are they still issuing the regular paper coupons?  I'm A-List Preferred and haven't seen them...

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@gsking 

They still have them. You can always reach out to Southwest on Twitter and they should be able to help get you some in the mail. 

I had issues getting them as well but once i reached out on Twitter I had some Kick Tails in the mail 20 days later. 

Hope this helps

Blake 

AshleyMainz
Employee
Employee

@MarkHursh Check out this idea for the mobile app!

Ashley
Community Manager
Southwest Airlines Community

MarkHursh
Employee
Employee

Hey there - great idea!  I'll pass this along to our Employee Experience team as we have lots of the underpinnings to make this happen.  Just need to prioritize it on the backlog.  I've also added this to our app backlog as well.

Thanks for sharing!