Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Let those that want/would end up being seated in the back of the plane board first.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

This is actually something that I've said for many years to myself.  Those who chose, (and at one time I actually chose to, even as an A list) or know more than likely they would be in the rear with a C boarding pass board first.  It's easy to regulate with Flight Attendants onboard making sure they seat themselves in the back 15 rows.  The ticket taker can announce, "The first 30 people who want to sit in the back of the plane please board now."  30 people board and go right to the back and the Flight Attendant can assure they go to the back.  I honestly doubt that somebody would board in that 30 and actually try to sit in the front.  I seen today on TV that one airline started doing this?  I really can't understand why it took a pandemic to make one flight attendant out of the thousands who have seen this every day for years to just now see this might work.  Glad somebody finally figured it out.   I'm still an A-List passenger and won't mind waiting for the 30 to board first, (45 board when full flights start back up) because I have to wait on them anyway if I'm the first one on sitting in my seat.  Those of us A-List and with A seating numbers won't be out of the seat we would be getting anyway, I just think we will have the doors closed faster. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Let those that want/would end up being seated in the back of the plane board first.

bec102896
Aviator A

I think because of how Southwest is different in the fact that they don't assign seats it would make some mad that C boarding passes are taking the aisles and windows in the back so then those with B boarding passes will end up in those middle seats when they might have been able to get the last few windows or aisles in the back. 

Your welcome to share your idea with southwest though though one of these contact methods: Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint   

-Blake

Re: Let those that want/would end up being seated in the back of the plane board first.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Nice response to something that I hadn't thought of.  Thank you.   Back to the drawing board.