Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Looking for statement on why a flight was cancelled for insurance claim

SouthwestFlyer
Explorer C

Hello,

I have a friend that had a Southwest flight cancellation which caused her to miss the departure of her Scuba dive liveaboard vacation.   She was eventually able to get to the boat (offshore) a few days late on her own dime.  She has submitted a claim with her travel insurance company, but they will not process until she has proof that the flight was cancelled and the reason.  Can anyone assist?

Here is flight information:

SW2512

TPA-ATL

11-JUNE-2022

6:15 am

She said it was due to A/C malfunction per pilot announcement, but she needs it on paper.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Looking for statement on why a flight was cancelled for insurance claim

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

As this is a customer to customer forum your friend will need to contact Southwest directly to get this. It's a fairly standard request amongst all airlines so it should not be a hassle getting one. What you've written here should be enough information, although you may want to include the passenger's name and confirmation number also if it's available. I would suggest you put the request in writing, use the contact us link at the bottom of this page and send a message. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Looking for statement on why a flight was cancelled for insurance claim

SouthwestFlyer
Explorer C

Thanks.  She has emailed southwest and not received a response.  I was thinking perhaps this forum may be moderated by Southwest customer service.

Will have her try again.