Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Lost IPad on my flight

Firebiscuit
Explorer C

I was on flight 1290 from BWI to SDF March 9, 2021. I left my iPad on the plane and did not realize it until I got home. Several of the passengers waiting until they removed the remains of a fallen service member from the plane and I sat it down in a seat. I filed a claim with SWA 1684043. I cannot reach anyone and fear the time it is taking to get information. I activated the I found my iPhone app and it shows the last hit from the B15 gate. Can anyone help?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Lost IPad on my flight

dfwskier
Aviator A

The airline deals with 10s or 100s of thousand "found" items every year. It does not have the capability of responding to everyone personally.

The airline has a standardized procedure of matching found items with those reported lost. The first step is filing a lost item report an including things like your serial number. It can take up to a month, but in many cases lost times are returned. Here's a link t o a thread of someone who lost an Ipad about a month ago.

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Inflight-Experience/Lost-iPad-on-Southwest-Airlines-1758/m-p/1179...

Re: Lost IPad on my flight

jksobonya
Aviator A

@Firebiscuit wrote:

Several of the passengers waiting until they removed the remains of a fallen service member from the plane and I sat it down in a seat. 

Seems like an odd thing to mention. Are you saying there was a dead passenger's remains on your flight? Like an urn? 😲

Anyway, filing a claim was the right thing to do. I am sure Southwest deals with lots of "forgotten" items every single day. It might take a few days or weeks for them to reunite your iPad with you. 

--Jessica