Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Lost IPad on my flight

Firebiscuit
New Arrival

I was on flight 1290 from BWI to SDF March 9, 2021. I left my iPad on the plane and did not realize it until I got home. Several of the passengers waiting until they removed the remains of a fallen service member from the plane and I sat it down in a seat. I filed a claim with SWA 1684043. I cannot reach anyone and fear the time it is taking to get information. I activated the I found my iPhone app and it shows the last hit from the B15 gate. Can anyone help?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Lost IPad on my flight

dfwskier
Top Contributor

The airline deals with 10s or 100s of thousand "found" items every year. It does not have the capability of responding to everyone personally.

The airline has a standardized procedure of matching found items with those reported lost. The first step is filing a lost item report an including things like your serial number. It can take up to a month, but in many cases lost times are returned. Here's a link t o a thread of someone who lost an Ipad about a month ago.

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Inflight-Experience/Lost-iPad-on-Southwest-Airlines-1758/m-p/1179...

Re: Lost IPad on my flight

jksobonya
Rising Star

@Firebiscuit wrote:

Several of the passengers waiting until they removed the remains of a fallen service member from the plane and I sat it down in a seat. 

Seems like an odd thing to mention. Are you saying there was a dead passenger's remains on your flight? Like an urn? 😲

Anyway, filing a claim was the right thing to do. I am sure Southwest deals with lots of "forgotten" items every single day. It might take a few days or weeks for them to reunite your iPad with you. 

--Jessica